Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Apple Bites....

It's fall and what better way to celebrate this season than with making caramel apples?  Since we have little ones I knew they wouldn't sit there and just chow down on a whole apple.  Instead, I saw this idea and thought I would put it to good use :) Here's what I did:

What I used:
2 Granny smith Apples
1 pkg caramels
2tbsp. water

I chopped the apples up into bite size pieces.  Meanwhile, my kiddos helped unwrap the package of caramels and put them in a pot.  Once all the pieces were unwrapped we added the water and my hubby heated up the pot.  Once the caramels were all melted we poured the sauce into a bowl so the kids could help dip the apples. We gave the kids toothpicks and they poked all the apples then dipped them in the sauce.  The outcome?  Very happy tummies :)














From our kitchen to yours, Enjoy!

0 comments: