Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Trifle

Trifles are a favorite dessert that I enjoy making.  I think it is more about presentation then anything, but the taste is always amazing too :)  Trifles are just simple to put together but look glamorous!  I have been in the kitchen all afternoon baking up a storm (and having FUN doing so!) and this is one that I made.  It looks delicious, smells amazing while it is cooking, and also the taste is really good!

What I used:
1 cinnamon swirl cake mix
1 can (29 oz) pumpkin puree
1 carton whipped topping
4.6 oz vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix up your cake and bake according to package directions.  While it is baking get your pudding made up and cooled a little bit.  Mix your pudding with the pumpkin puree and brown sugar.  Once cake is cooled cut half of your cake up and place in the bottom of a trifle bowl.  Top with pumpkin and pudding mixture and top with whipped topping.  Repeat layers until you have reached the top of the bowl.  Cover and refrigerate.  Voila!  Easy peasy right?  Give it a try and let me know what you think!


















From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!

0 comments: