Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oreo Cheesecake Bites

Hello, my name is Wendy and I am a lover of all things cheesecake.  *Insert 'Hello, Wendy'* :)  When this recipe found me oh I knew it was a match made in heaven!  Seriously.  Can you really mess up a recipe that has cream cheese and oreos in it?  I think not!  If you are looking for a great tasting dessert to wow the socks off your company, then these Oreo Cheesecake Bites are right up your alley.  Seriously :)  The original recipe comes from here

What I used:
36 Oero type cookies, divided
1/4 cup butter
4 pkgs. cream cheese, softened (can you tell this recipe is so naughty already, but SO GOOD!)
1 Cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
4 large eggs
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
(the recipe also calls for 4 oz. white chocolate, but I didn't use it)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, making sure the foil overlaps the dish.  Crush up 24 of your Oreo cookies.  Melt butter and mix with the cookies.  Press firmly into the bottom of your dish.

This is a good time to have a kitchen aid because it will do all of your work for you.  Toss in your cream cheese and sugar and mix well.  Add in your sour cream and vanilla and mix your eggs in one at a time.  Toss in your remaining crushed cookies and mix well.  Carefully pour over crust.

Bake for 35-45 min. or until the sides are set and the center is almost set.  Cool completely.

When the cheesecake is cooled cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  When chilled remove the cheesecake from the dish using the foil.  Cut into bite size pieces and top with drizzled melted chocolate.  I did a little more than a drizzle because I'm a girl and you just have to do chocolate right ;)  Chill until ready to serve.  I actually placed mine in the freezer for a few hours and they came out tasting soooooooo amazingly good!  A big hit indeed!















From my kitchen to yours, Enjoy!

0 comments: