Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cheese and Bacon Potato Rounds

Um. Hello love, uh I mean potato....oh wait, that can pretty much be one in the same right?  I know a lot of  women enjoy salads/soups etc., but I have always been the "bring on the meat and potatoes!" kinda gal.  Add cheese and bacon to the mix and wowzers, you may have me for life!  This dish reminds me of potato skins and according to my fan club peeps, they tasted better than TGI Fridays potato skins.  I don't know if they were being totally truthful, I mean I know there is a bias underlying there somewhere :)  However, they were pretty tasty!  Give 'em a try!  I found the original recipe over here.....but left out an ingredient in my own recipe. 

What I used:
6 potatoes, sliced to 1/2" thickness
1/4 cup butter, melted
enough shredded cheese to cover the taters
4 strips of turkey bacon cooked and sliced and diced into small pieces

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  Wash your potatoes up then begin slicing away.  Once you are done cutting up all your potatoes coat both sides with butter.  Bake for 35 min.  Remove from oven and top with cheese and bacon and return to oven until the cheese is melted.  It won't take too long for that to happen!  Remove from oven and enjoy!  Oh, are these ever good!















From my kitchen to yours, ENJOY!

0 comments: