Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Organization 102

Are you an organized person? Someone that gets a thrill out of having everything in it's place and knowing exactly where that place is? I suppose I would fall into that category. My life would be so crazy if I was not organized! Right down to my grocery list everything is in order and it is so helpful once I get to the grocery store! Getting groceries can be a chore for some and a complete joy for others! Picking up the foods that please you and your loved ones does not have to be a drudgery and can really be done rather quickly if you organize your list.
What I do:
Throughout the week I have a list going of things we need, I have a column for food and a column for other. I keep it in my kitchen and as the days go on I write down the things we need as I think of them. I also plan a menu for the week (you can plan a menu for one week or even a month, depending on how you shop) and write down the ingredients I am going to need. Then on the day I am going to go gather the goodies I re-write my list organizing it by sections, ex.: all the dairy are together, all the meats are together etc.... As I get to the store and begin my hunt I don't have to continually search over the entire list and I don't waste time going from section to section searching for what I "may need". I know exactly what is needed and right where to find it! Plus, sticking to the list really saves on the budget, not to mention I don't go get groceries when I am famished! Hope it helps! Happy shopping!!

0 comments: