Thursday, March 6, 2008

Completely delicious Pumpkin Bread!

Nothing says home like a great slice of warm pumpkin bread, at least for my family anyway. We are huge fans of this warm piece of deliciousness!! Thinking back, I cannot remember where I found this recipe, but it is so simple and my bread has come out perfect every time! Please forgive me that there is no picture....I will work on getting one :) In the meantime, give this recipe a shot and let me know what you think!!

What I used:
2/3 c. shortening
2 2/3 c. sugar (I usually use less....you can usually cut your sugar down by 1/2 and not notice a difference!)
4 eggs
1 (16oz.) can pumpkin
2 tsp. baking soda
2/3 c. water
3 1/3 c. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix all ingredients and pour into greased bread pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr. or until toothpick comes out clear. I tend to bake mine for 50 min., it keeps the bread from getting to dried out and keeps it moist much longer!

From our table to yours, bon appetite!

0 comments: