Saturday, March 8, 2008

Candy Bar Cookies

The other day we headed to my sis in-laws house for dinner and I wanted to take something over as a small "thank you". So I filled up a jar with most of the ingredients needed to make these cookies. After making the mix up for her, I couldn't resist! So yesterday I went to work and made up a batch myself. I did tweak the recipe a smidgen, only because we are huge chocolate lovers:) Once they came out of the oven we both bit into these cookies that were so moist and melted right in our mouths. Is your mouth watering yet?! Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we have!!
(Recipe from the book: Gifts in a Jar)

What I used:

1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 c. of your favorite candy bar, chopped (I used andes mints)
I also added a handful (or two) of chocolate chips!
3/4c. butter/marg., softened
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter, eggs and vanilla. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and stir until the mixture is well blended. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 min. Transfer to wire racks to cool.

0 comments: