Thursday, October 20, 2011

Crockpot Orange Chicken

So I found this recipe and new I had to try it!  My husband loves orange chicken and usually orders it when we go out for Chinese food.  I found the recipe here, but again, tweaked the ingredients a bit to make it my own to suit our family taste. It was so easy to throw together and came out tasting AMAZING!

What I used:
7 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, cut into bite size pieces
2 bell peppers, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 can mandarin oranges, undrained
1 can chunk pineapple, undrained
salt and pepper to taste
Served over white rice


Peel and slice your carrots into bite size pieces.  Cut up your bell pepper into bite size pieces.  Put in crockpot.  Add chicken, garlic powder, orange juice, oranges and pineapples, salt and pepper.  Mix all together in crockpot.  Turn on low and cook for 4-6 hrs.  Serve over hot steamy rice!  I made egg rolls to go with this meal and it was a huge hit!  Definitely worth trying :)














photo courtesy

From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!!

0 comments: