Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Nacho Chicken

Talk about simple and tasty!  Not a lot of time on your hands?  Then this is the perfect dish for you!  I found the recipe from kraftfoods.com and I must admit, I did a bit of tweaking yet again to make it my own.  The inspiration came from kraft foods though.  Only takes 20-25 min. to make, plus if you add rice to your rice cooker and toss some veggies in a pot, your complete meal can be ready in 20 min.!  Not bad for an on the go family!

What I used:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chunky salsa, I used mild because I have little ones and because I am a wimp when it comes to spice :)
4 slices turkey bacon, cooked to crispy and chopped
1/2 cup tortilla chips, crushed
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 Beefsteak tomato, chopped
A dollop of sour cream

Place your three chicken breasts on a cookie sheet that has foil wrapped around it














Spoon salsa onto chicken, spread evenly.  Place in oven set to 400 degrees and bake for 20 min. 













Remove from oven, top with crushed chips

















Tomatoes

















Bacon

















and last but certainly not least, cheese

















Bake for another 5 min, until cheese melts.  Remove from oven and top with sour cream.













Now wasn't that easy? :) 
From our table to yours, bon appetite!

4 comments:

The Joneses said...

Wendy, that looks sooo good. I am having that tonight for sure!!

Missy said...

YUM! My kids just may eat anything that has the word Nacho in it.

Stopping in from iFellowship.

Joy said...

oh my that looks yummy! I may have to try that recipe out! Stopping by from iFellowship!

The Logans said...

I don't always comment, but I do love your recipe blog. It inspires me to cook nicer for my family. We are going to give this recipe a try tonight! Thanks! :)