Friday, August 27, 2010

My husband the chef pt. 1

My husband is quite the chef!  He enjoys cooking and I love that he enjoys helping me out!  He made me a candlelight dinner the other day and it was SO GOOD!!  One of the things he made was a spicy bbq potato wedges.  MMMMMM....MMMMM!!!

What he used:
4 Russett potatoes, sliced and diced into wedges
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. chili powder
2 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. seasoned salt
salt and pepper, sprinkled on top

Preheat oven to 450.
Slice and dice your potatoes into wedges.  If you are not going to be able to cook your potatoes right away, it is always a good idea to keep them in water so they do not turn an unattractive gray color.














Spread potatoes out onto a greased baking pan.













Use a baster to put butter on potatoes then repeat with honey













Add your seasonings (quite honestly, he didn't really measure everything out, he just sprinkled the seasonings on until they were coated well.)













This is what it should look like once everything is on the potatoes













Pop these babies in the oven for 25-30 min.
SO GOOD!  I used a honey mustard as a dipping sauce and it was just delicious!  













From our table to yours, bon appetite!

1 comments:

Lina Thomlinson said...

Ooh, these look good! I'm printing out this recipe so I can make these soon. Thanks for sharing!