Friday, August 20, 2010

Caprese Chicken with Bacon

Looking for a fancy lookin' meal because you are having company and want to impress them with your culinary skills?  This easy chicken recipe would do the trick!  This recipe once again came from the collection of fabulous Taste of Home magazines I have.  I tweaked it just a tiny bit, but for the most part I must give credit to Taste of Home for giving us yet another wonderful recipe!  Give it a try!

What I used:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 strips of turkey bacon
1 Tbsp. Veggie oil (I use vegetable oil because I have read it is the healthiest oil to use)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 Beefsteak tomatoes, sliced or diced
a dash of Basil
Shredded Mozzarells cheese


Get our oil out and pour into a shallow bowl and get your oven preheated to 400 degrees. Also get your bacon cooking.  Fry your bacon just enough so that it is not crispy.


















Baste your chicken on both sides with oil.  *Rabbit trial: I LOVE my baster!  It isn't one with those tiny bristles, and I am SO thankful for that!  I used to use the other kind but often found that after a certain amount of time those bristles would begin appearing in my tasty dishes!  No thank you!













Sprinkle on your salt and pepper (are you able to look past my well loved baking sheet? :)













Top with tomatoes













Add your dash of basil
Take your bacon and wrap it around the chicken breast.  I used turkey bacon simply because it is better for you.  Pop these babies in the oven for 20 min. or until cooked through.













Top with Mozz. cheese and bake for 1 min. longer or until cheese is melted.













Now you can't tell me that doesn't LOOK delicious!  The taste is even better!













Is your mouth watering yet? :)














From our table to yours, bon appetite!

2 comments:

Grammie's Blog said...

This looks really good. I may have to try it sometime only downsize it for myself.

Faith said...

Hi! My blog is all about gathering and sharing practical resources and conversations about becoming more like the Proverbs 31 Woman. I can totally see me sharing your blog as a resource at some point in the future, as one of the most practical aspects of the Proverbs 31 Woman is she provides food for her household. I hope you don't mind if I link to you sometime:) Everything looks so yummy and I can't wait to read more:) Also, I'm following your blog now...!