Monday, August 30, 2010

Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake

Since my husband is a youth pastor I am constantly trying to come up with new recipes for breakfast for our teenagers!  For the most part they aren't terribly picky, but I LOVE to have variety!  I usually make their breakfast the night before since our Sunday mornings are ALWAYS crazy busy!  This recipe was one I found off of allrecipes.com and I followed it to a "t" so I can't take any credit at all, accept that I made this :)

What the recipe called for:

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  •  
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 and grease 9x13 pan.
Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.













In a large bowl add butter,













and sugar, mix













Add eggs,













Vanilla













and sour cream. Mix well.













Add flour mixture to large bowl.  Your batter will be thick, it should look like this.













In a separate bowl mix together chocolate chips, sugar and cinnamon













Take half of batter and spread in cake pan.  Add chips, sugar and cinnamon mixture on top.  Repeat layer.













Bake for 20 min. or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Now doesn't that look yummy?













From our table to yours, bon appetite!

    3 comments:

    Mrs Mary Joy Pershing said...

    Oh my! That looks SO yummy!!!! I must try it! I haven't made coffee cake in so long...what a great idea!

    Running With Dogs said...

    I really wish that blogs had a "like" button!!!

    Crystal said...

    Hey Wendy! It's Crystal D., I am making this for our Sunday School class tomorrow ;o) Looks yummy! Please keep posting your yummy breakfast ideas.