Saturday, August 28, 2010

My husband the chef pt. 2

My husband would never think of fixing a meal without a piece of meat on the menu :)  He is your typical "meat and potoatoes" kinda guy, and I don't mind at all!  This steak recipe was FAB-U-LOUS!!  It not only tasted great but the presentation he put together was divine :)

What he used:
4 beef tender chuck steaks
3 Tbsp butter, divided  (melt 2 tbsp.)
1 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. parsley
2 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to season

Steak...it's what's for dinner :)


















Get your butter melting in your skillet.  Salt and pepper your steak then add your steak to the skillet.













Be sure to cook on both sides.  You can cook your steak as long or as little as you wish....as long as it is cooked.  My hubby enjoys his steak still mooing, as I call it.  I like it more of a med-well.













 Mix your sauce together













Once your steak is cooked to your liking, remove from pan and slice














Drizzle sauce over top













Finished product..... DELICIOUS!  I can't tell you how great this steak (and meal!) was!  My amazing man did a wonderful job! He even set the table and lit the candles.  Our home is "G" rated so we had apple juice in our wine glasses :)  It was a wonderful evening together :)














From our table to yours, bon appetite!

3 comments:

Driftwood Girl said...

The meal looks amazing! I'm going to have to try that with steak sometime :)

Rachel said...

So sweet of him to make that for y'all! My husband is a definite meat and potatoes man, too!

I'm with your hubby ;-) we like our steaks barely medium-rare NOM.

Driftwood Girl said...

Just had to tell you, I'm hoping to have this for my birthday dinner! Will let you know how it turns out and link back to this post if we do. Thanks for sharing :)