Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cherry Cheesecake Trifle

We had company over yesterday and I thought it a perfect opportunity to try my hand at a new trifle! Was it ever delicious! I made it up with a little help from another recipe, but it is a wower and a great dessert for spring or summer!

What I used:
1 pkg. White Cake Mix
1 pkg. cream cheese
1/4 Cup powdered sugar
2 cups whipped topping
1 can cherry pie filling
6 oz. chocolate chips, divided

1. Prepare and bake the cake according to directions. Cool; cut into 1" cubes. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. In a trifle bowl, layer 1/2 of cake cubes, 1/2 can of pie filling, 1/2 of cream cheese mixture and 1/2 of chocolate chips. Repeat layers. Refrig. for 4 hrs. or overnight.

From our table to yours, bon appetite!

Before.....














After...I would say it was a success :)

0 comments: