Sunday, May 25, 2008

Berry Cream Muffins

We are getting some new neighbors this week and I thought I would welcome them in with a fresh batch of homemade muffins! It also gave me an excuse to bake again! My hubby and I tried these muffins as soon as they came out of the oven and both of us just loved them! They are not very good for you so obviously they taste great :) They are a great every once in a while recipe though! The recipe can be found from Taste of Homes Baking Book.

What I used:
4 Cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract

1. In large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Add the berries and toss gently. In another bowl, combine the eggs , sour cream, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

2. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake at 400 for 20-25 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 min. before removing to wire racks.

From our table to yours, bon appetite!















1 comments:

Starr said...

Those are some BEAUTIFUL looking muffins! I'll have to bookmark this one and give it a try. I love a good muffin recipe!