Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Breakfast Burritos

I was once again brainstorming for coming up with a new breakfast for our youth group and this idea just popped into my head.  The only downside is that I didn't get a picture before they were all gobbled up!  The teens loved them and so did my hubby!  I got the two thumbs up to make them again :)

What I used:
One link of turkey sausage, diced up into small chunks
1/2 jar of mild salsa (you can definitely choose a spicier salsa if you wish to, I just am a wimp!)
1 cup shredded cheddar/colby cheese (you can use whatever cheese you desire)
6 eggs, scrambled
dash of garlic (to taste)
dash of paprika (to taste)
8 tortillas

First things first, scramble up your eggs.  In a separate skillet cook up your sausage.  Add salsa, eggs, garlic, paprika to skillet and mix well.  Top with cheese and stir just until melted.
Take your tortillas and warm them up then spread about 1/4 cup of meat mixture onto tortilla (you can add more if you like your burritos really loaded up).  Top with extra cheese if desired.  Roll up burrito style and voila!  Your quick and easy breakfast is ready to go, not to mention bursting with flavor!

1 comments:

Jordan said...

Sounds delish! I might actually try it for supper tonight. =)