Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Midwest Chicken legs!

This recipe is SOO scrumptious and though it involves a bit more work than if you had to plop these legs in the oven, I must admit, it does keep your house cooler by cooking them on the stove.  Living in the desert that is a deal breaker for me :)  Keeping the oven turned off on hot summer days is always welcome!

What I used:
4 chicken legs
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
3/4 cup bbq sauce
1 Tbsp. veggie oil

In a large resealable plastic bag add your flour, garlic and red pepper.  Add chicken legs and after sealing bag shake to coat. 













Pour oil into skillet and turn stove onto med-high.  Place chicken legs in oil and cook.














Turning once to brown both sides













Once chicken is browned, add bbq. sauce and turn to med-low and cover.  Cook for 25-30 min. or until cooked through turning chicken once.














The end result is chicken that is bursting with flavor and incredibly juicy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I had to wipe up a puddle of drool after scrolling through your blog. YUMMY! I will definitely be back. My hubby would love everything on here! Thanks for the sweet comment over at While He Was Napping.

Krista
whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com