Thursday, July 29, 2010

Spicy philly cheese chicken

If you get the Taste of Home magazine, this recipe may seem vaguely familiar.  I LOVE that magazine and all the practical recipes it has in it.  I tweaked this one just a bit and made it my own.  It was a HUGE hit with my husband, I even got a "you need to make this again!" comment from him :)  It is bursting with flavor and spice.

What you need:
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed and pounded (I only used 3 chicken breasts and froze the left over filling for later use.)
1 pkg. cream cheese
5 slices smoked deli ham, chopped (I just used the lunch meat)
4 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, chopped
1/3 cup flour
1 egg, whisked
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/3 cup of oil
a dash of salt and pepper
a dash of paprika (just enough to add to the flavor, not to over power it)

Mix your cream cheese, paprika, ham, chipotle peppers, salt and pepper until it is fairly smooth.
Pound chicken.  I simply put my chicken in a ziploc bag and pound it until it is easy to work with, easy to roll up. 















Spoon cream cheese mixture onto chicken breast and roll up.  Secure with toothpicks. (Remove toothpicks before serving)














Place flour, egg and bread crumbs in three separate bowls.








































Roll chicken in flour first, then egg and lastly the bread crumbs.














Place in skillet with heated oil, stove set to med heat.














A splatter screen would be most helpful to use so the popping oil doesn't splatter on the chef!














Cook in oil until all sides are golden brown.














Place on cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 25 min. 























From our table to yours, bon appetite!

0 comments: