Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chocolate Lust Cake

Whoa.  I don't have to get beyond that one "whoa" that's how great this dessert tastes!  Seriously! Not to mention it was easy peasy!  The recipe I originally found called for a different crust and a pumpkin spice pudding.  Since my hubby doesn't have the taste for nuts and I couldn't find the pumpkin spice pudding, I went with the best thing instead, CHOCOLATE! :)  Every girls best friend :)

What I used:
One graham cracker crust made from scratch.  I used this recipe.
2 pkgs. (3.4 oz) instant chocolate pudding
1 pkg (8oz.) cream cheese
1 1/2 containers cool whip
3 cups cold milk
1 cup powdered sugar

Make your crust and then press it into a baking dish.  I used a square one... can't remember the dimensions off the top of my head though... bake it for 7 min. at 375.
Next take your cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 1/2 cups cool whip until smooth.  Spread carefully over the top of the already cooled crust. 
Now, for the chocolate :)  Take your pudding mix and add your 3 cups of milk.  Whip up until smooth and place in fridge for about 5 - 10 min.  You want it to set slightly.  Once pudding is ready pour it over top of the cream cheese mixture and top with the rest of your cool whip.  In my hubby's opinion you can never have to much whipped topping :)  If I had any on hand I would have sprinkled a bit of shaved chocolate on top, but alas, I didn't. 
Keep in fridge until ready to serve. 

Oh man.... this stuff is GOOD!

I didn't snap a picture of mine, but here is what it looks like..... only with chocolate instead of pumpkin :)


















photo credit

From my kitchen to yours, ENJOY!

0 comments: