Saturday, January 28, 2012

Berries ~n~ Cream Danish

Helllllllo breakfast!  Now, I am totally aware that this is not very nutritional..... can I get some nutrition points for using fresh blueberries?  Well, if you are looking for a breakfast recipe to wow company or just ease that sweet tooth of yours, this would be right up your alley!  SO delicious, I don't think I could ever by a pre-made danish from the store again!  Not to mention it was literally a breeze to make.  Give it a whirl and let me know what you think!

What I used:
1 pkg. crescent rolls
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp. flour


For Icing:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla

First, pre-heat your oven to 375.

Next, take your cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, and flour and mix together.  I just whipped them all together in my kitchen aid. Let that sit for a minute.

Take your crescent rolls and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Lay them out in rectangles, end to end and press the seams together so now holes are present.  Next, take a knife and slit 1/2 - 3/4 inch slices up the sides.  Now, gently spread the cream cheese filling down the center of the dough.  Top with blueberries and begin to alternate dough strips as you wrap your danish up kind of like in a braid.
Bake for 15-20 min.  Wait until cooled down and drizzle icing over top.

I'll let the picture speak for itself :)













photo credit
 
Oh man, I can't wait until morning!  I must try it now! :)

From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!

0 comments: