Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mint chocolate chip Cookies

Ooooohhhhh, this is a little bit of heaven on earth people!  I would never lead you astray, you know that right?  So when I tell you how divine these cookies are (not to mention the dough!) you can trust me :)  For those mint chocolate chip cookie lovers out there, these are definitely worth a try :)  I came up with the recipe all on my own simply because I was feeling adventuresome and this just sounded so good! 

What I used:
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1tsp. mint extract (you can add more or less depending on the extract you have.  Some are more concentrated then others)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
12 oz. semisweet choco chips

Cream first 5 till light. Sift dry ingredients. Stir well. Add chips and extract. Take a regular spoon (like a cereal spoon) and scoop out dough. Roll into ball and flatten ever so slightly and  place on a sprayed cookie sheet. Continue until all dough is rolled into separate 1 or 2 in. balls. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
Best enjoyed if consumed while still warm :)

2 comments:

Driftwood Girl said...

Ooh, this looks so good! I still have to pick up mint extract for the thin mints recipe, but then I'll have it for this too! :)

Lisa said...

Yes, I've got mint extract in my pantry and chocolate chips. I'll have to give these a try. I have a linky party on my blog every week called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link this up.