Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cheesy Egg casserole

Because my husband is a youth pastor I tend to make big breakfast's on Sunday mornings.  Not just for his enjoyment, but for that of our entire youth group!  I am always trying out new breakfast recipes simply to keep things new and because I have people to try them out on :) This one has seemed to be a hit!  Give it a try and let me know what you think!

What I used:
1/2 lb. turkey sausage, cut into small pieces
6 pieces of wheat bread all torn up into bite size pieces
6 eggs
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
dash of paprika

Tear up your bread into bite size pieces and place in the bottom of your sprayed cooking dish.  You can use a 9x13 to make more or I used a smaller baking dish.  Take your chopped up sausage and place on top of bread. Sprinkle cheese as your next layer.
Next, mix your eggs, milk, salt, pepper and paprika in a separate bowl, until smooth.  Pour over other ingredients already in dish.  Top with extra cheese if desired.....I desired it so I did :)














Place in oven already preheated to 350.  Bake for 40 min. or until golden brown on top.













Nothing left now but to enjoy!! 

0 comments: