Friday, January 21, 2011

Egg Rolls

My sister in-law came for a visit and when she did I had her teach me how to make egg rolls!  I LOVE egg rolls and usually when I am pregnant (which I am not....please don't start rumors :) I crave them.  This recipe, though it is a bit more time consuming (took me about an hour to make) is with worth the work!  So full of flavor and much more tasty than Chinese take out!

What I used:
1 lb ground turkey (but you can use ground pork/beef)
1 tsp garlic powder
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs ketchup
1/2 tsp sugar
2 cups of oil
package of egg roll wrappers

Shred your cabbage and carrots and set aside.
Mix your liquid ingredients and set aside.
Brown your meat and mix in garlic powder.  Once meat is browned add cabbage and carrots and cook until wilted. Slowly add the liquid mixture to the meat veggie mix as you stir. 
Take your egg roll wrappers and flip the package over to the back side and read the instructions.  Follow the instructions on how to roll them up.
Heat your oil in a skillet set to 350.  Place egg rolls in oil and cook on all sides for 2-3 minutes.  Remove from the oil and place in a bowl standing on end surrounded with paper towels to drain oil. 
So delicious! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Driftwood Girl said...

Mmmmmmm! And you made the entire batch :) So good!!!

Seasons of Life said...

How many does it make? They sound easy, just time consuming. :)

Wendy said...

I used the entire package of egg roll wrappers, so however many are in the package. You can cut the recipe in half easily. Time consuming yes, but totally worth it!