Thursday, December 18, 2008

Homemade Applesauce

If you have little ones at home I'm sure applesauce is a staple! I know our little one enjoys a good dose of applesauce daily! Recently we were given a TON of apples and I wanted to put them to good use before they went bad. So I made an apple pie (of course!) then I made applesauce! It is a huge hit with our 1 yr. old and might be with your little tyke as well!

What I used:
For every 4 apples I added 3/4 cup of water. It really does not take much water at all because of the fruits natural juices.
A bit of cinnamon for flavoring

Peel, core and cut your apples. Cut the apple in 1/2 then in 1/2 again, what you want it is nice good chunks of apples. Bring to a boil for about 15-20 min. You will have juice and really soft apples, this is when I add my cinnamon. Stir it all up. Throw them in the blender and there you have it! There really is no need for sugar unless you are a huge sugar fan because the fruit has it's own sugar. I have a few jars of fresh applesauce in my fridge but I also have little tupperware (snack size) that I filled and froze! The perfect healthy snack!

From our table to yours, bon appetite!

1 comments:

Driftwood Girl said...

Hey! I was actually just looking for a recipe like this. Most of them are too fancy and difficult, I didn't even want to try them. I like this one tho. thanks!