Monday, September 22, 2008

Parmesan Bruschetta

When hunting for something fabulous to fix as an appetizer I searched and searched! I wandered over to this website and am so glad I did! This recipe is not my own but I HIGHLY recommend giving it a try! It is really simple and not very costly but is bursting with flavor! Give it a try and tell me what you think!

What I used:
1 large tomato, chopped
1/2 cup Kraft Grated Parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup olive oil, divided
1/4 cup sliced fresh basil leaves
1 loaf French bread thinly sliced

Preheat your broiler. Mix tomato, cheese, garlic, 2 tbsp. of oil and the basil; set aside. (I actually made this up 2 hrs. before I heated the bread....tasted GREAT!)
Brush remaining oil onto both sides of bread slices. Place in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Broil, 6 inches from heat, 2 min. on each side or until edges are golden brown. Top each toast slice with about 1 tbsp. of the tomato mixture.

From our table to yours, bon appetite!



















4 comments:

Driftwood Girl said...

I LOVE bruschetta!! this one looks great. thanks!

Bren said...

Oh wow, I love bruschetta too! I am def. going to make this one!

Karen said...

This looks so yummy! Can't wait to give it a try!

Karen said...

This looks so yummy! Can't wait to give it a try!