Friday, December 10, 2010

Strawberry Coconut Balls

Do you have a favorite food that as soon as you bite into it it takes you back to your childhood?  I have several recipes that do that to me and this is one of them.  My mom would make these when we were kids and would stick them in the freezer and oh, as soon as you took a bite YUM-O is all I can say!  Give 'em a try they are super easy and bursting with flavor!

What I used:
1 can sweetened condensed milk.
1  14 oz. bag of coconut
1  3oz. box of jello

Mix all the ingredients together and roll into balls.  The mixture will be sticky, but I used a little bit of flour on my hands to help with that.  You could also spray a little non-stick cooking spray on your hands to help instead.  Place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper and stick in the fridge.  Once the balls are little more firm put them in a container or freezer bag placing wax paper between layers and freeze.
Enjoy and be sure too keep them at least in the fridge.  

4 comments:

Grammie's Blog said...

You should try dipping them in chocolate too. They are delicious that way. We tried it one year. Not sure if you remember that or not.

Driftwood Girl said...

I have never had these! they look delicious.

Karen said...

These look so yummy and easy! Can't wait to try this recipe out!

phasejumper said...

I made these for Thanksgiving! They reminded me of those zinger snack cakes! Thanks for sharing!