Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sweet-n-sour chicken

This was my first attempt at making this dish, simply because sweet-n-sour anything is not a favorite of my hubbys. However, yesterday I decided to break away and "just do it". I was pleasantly surprised with how well it turned out! I started with a recipe, but tweaked it myself.... :) Hope you all enjoy it!

What I used:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up
1 cup ketchup
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. dijon mustard
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Put last 4 ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once it has boiled turn it down to low and simmer for 30 min., stirring every now and then. Grease a baking dish and put your cut up chicken in it then pour sauce over the chicken. Bake for 30 min. I served this dish over rice and with a fresh garden salad. It was so yummy! My hubby even enjoyed it!

From our table to yours, bon appetite!

0 comments: