Friday, May 17, 2013

Pineapple Soy and Maple Chicken

I have been looking for new recipes for my family, just tired of the same ole' same ole'!  This one was definitely a hit and it actually tasted like (American) Chinese food!  Definitely chalk full of flavor!


What I used:
One chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup maple syrup (reduced calorie and sugar free)
1/2 can of pineapple chunks (because I didn't have fresh on hand
1/4 cup soy sauce
garlic powder to taste

Served over rice but I imagine you could serve it over pasta as well!

Cook your chicken until cooked through.  Add your syrup, garlic, and soy sauce.  Cook until bubbly and then turn burner to low.  Allow to simmer and add in your pineapple.  The sauce will almost caramelize..... oh man was it ever good!  Once your sauce has thickened a little bit it's ready to meet your taste buds! 

Again, I served this over rice and my hubby said the only thing it was missing was the chop sticks (which I must admit I am like an infant when I try to eat with chopsticks but my hubby is a pro)!

From my kitchen to yours, Enjoy!

0 comments: